Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Discus Thrower Tattoo

Dear Angelica: We are fortunate

I listened carefully to the statements of Chivas players such as Omar Esparza reviewing the behavior of the red and white fans in the Estadio Jalisco in the game against Morelia, just yesterday I read carefully Angelica Fuentes column on his official site, where very diplomatic invites fans to support their team in solidarity. I think differently from them, let me put it.

But before you disagree, let me say that I deeply respect Dona Angelica whom I had the pleasure of trying and I think an educated and successful woman, so my apologies ahead and I think this time away a bit from yours.

Jorge Vergara's wife takes us first to England and describes it in his journey with Chicharito were present in the Champions League match against Bayern Munich and was amazed at the way Manchester United fans ruthlessly supported, even when one of its players was sent off and applause would "never forget that feeling of deep solidarity that makes you quiver and urges you to fight with passion for the beloved colors. This makes it great for a team, "says in his writing.

Unless your description does not match neither with the observations of your server on television, let alone with the newspaper reports of various British media that I consulted, I will give the benefit of the doubt because I was not there and I guess the eyewitness is more credible, because he experienced it firsthand. Yes, just for the anecdotes, in recent weeks the fans of ManU has had a radical campaign against the team owners, the Glazer family, and between songs on stage, banners and scarves, yellow and green ( original team colors) show their anger by people administered to their beloved squad, maybe a song you could hear those also right?

Then comes the part of the column where my disagreement begins. "Chivas is the greatest team in Mexico. His hobby should be, too, "said Mrs. Fuentes. In seeking the proper interpretation for that "should be" Should we understand that it is not already? Ok, maybe I exaggerate, no big deal to secure it but not leave it in doubt.

then lists the achievements of the team in the tournament as a source of pride, of acuerdísimo again.

And yes where I do not block your vision is when he says: "Any fan of another team sure to be a follower of Guadalajara envy. In this present Chivas youth players will make history, and to do your hobby should be with them, to encourage, to inspire them to embrace from the stands, because in the wonderful times and are not therefore a must Hobby be one with your team. "

One example that helps explain what I think. It was Day 28 of the English league. The receiving Barcelona Osasuna. Of course, that Barcelona is the winningest team, but history itself of the time current world football. Before 72 minutes, football did not come, the magic seemed lost, the match was closed and the Camp Nou stadium could be heard whistling and booing. That was not the squad that people would see, that was not the way your fans can play a team of that lineage. And yes, tightly. Then came Ibra and Bojan and changed the mood. Honorable peace with the goals and seized victory.

You know what I mean? for me, respecting other opinions, there are two kinds of love: that inspires, embraces mediocrity and sometimes consent, or that reminds those who wear a shirt legendary, full of honor and triumph, they are there to win not to learn, to mature not to experiment, to die for her not to get cheap applause.

What do you think?

r.guzman @ notmusa.com.mx

twitter: @ raulguzman

0 comments:

Post a Comment